COMC is growing again! Our health clinics at the Lake of the Ozarks are very excited to announce that we are hiring at our Osage Beach health clinic. We are looking for a Nurse Care Manager. If you feel like you know someone who would be perfect for the job, please refer them to us. Keep reading this week's blog to see the full job description and how to apply. Remember, At Central Ozarks Medical Center, it's not just about what we do, but how we do it that matters.
Nurse Care Manager
Osage Beach, MO • Outreach
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Some of the unique activities of the NCM (Nurse Care Manager) role are the identification of high-risk patients, intensive monitoring, follow-up and clinical management. These activities generally include:
• Utilize DRVS and eCW to identify gaps in care and needed services for enrollees.
• Complete Transition of Care for all COMC patients that have had an ED or IN stay, to include medication reconciliation, obtaining discharge paperwork, and scheduling any necessary follow-up.
• Identify and address high hospital and ED utilization among PCHH, CCM and other patient panels as assigned, utilizing programs such as ED diversion to inform patients of appropriate uses of Primary Care and other health care accesses as necessary.
• Monitor quality measures for PCHH enrollees in DRVS and work closely with the quality department to address any areas of improvement.
• Facilitate patient coordination with the care team, to include communication with treating clinicians, nursing staff, care coordinator, behavioral health and community health workers as needed.
• Work to close care gaps for PCHH, CCM and other patient panels as assigned.
• Create care plan and goals for each patient in PCHH, CCM and other patient panels as assigned.
• Utilize EMR, DRVS and other data tools to manage and track chronic disease management goals.
• Coordinate/facilitate health education classes and programs for COMC patients as well as assisting patients within PCHH, CCM and other patients as assigned with self-management support.
• Tracking of Time and Effort for Grant reporting.
Qualifications Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Must be CPR certified or become certified during probationary period and maintain certification throughout employment with COMC. Must maintain CEUs as directed by COMC.
Education and/or experience: Must be licensed as a Registered Nurse in Missouri. Experience with electronic health records preferred. Nurse educator experience preferred; Candidate with diabetes educator certification preferred.
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret financial reports. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers and regulatory agencies. Ability to effectively present information to top management.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with accounting concepts such as income and expense statements, budgets, and controls on cash such as into and out of COMC for deposit to the bank.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions, follow federal, state and health care regulations.
Other Skills and Abilities: Outgoing personality with strong phone etiquette skills, outstanding customer service skills.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This includes moderate physical effort consisting of occasionally lifting or moving over 35 pounds of weight.
Travel Requirement: To fulfill the responsibility of the position travel to various areas of the region is required. Employee must have valid Missouri driver’s license and availability of a motor vehicle. Overnight travel may also be required in specific incidences of training, conferences, etc.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Knowledge of, and compliance with, HIPAA and 340B regulations is required. Confidentiality of COMC proprietary information is mandatory.
Have Any Questions About This Position?
Please give us a call. Our phone numbers are listed on our website at www.CentralOzarks.org. You can also follow us on our social media channels listed below to stay up to date on our latest announcements.