Our health clinics at the Lake of the Ozarks are growing again! We are excited to announce that our health clinic in Richland, MO is hiring for an Electronic Health Records (EHR) Specialist! Keep reading this week's blog for a complete job description and a link to apply for the job. If you have any questions, please call us. Our phone numbers can be found on our website at www.CentralOzarks.org.
Electronic Health Records (EHR) Specialist
Richland, MO • Medical
Responsibilities: This position is a part of the management team and supports information technology and management initiatives throughout the organization. The health information manager is responsible for information systems workflow transformation, planning, testing, end user training, implementation, adoption, and support.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Manage, and communicate with appropriate staff, all ECW system upgrades and downtime
• Troubleshoot daily system issues for staff
• Mapping to various outside reporting systems (i.e. DRVS, LabCorp)
• Serve on various committees related to ECW and/or projects
• Manage all COMC provider and staff ECW licenses and build schedules
• Develop and utilize ECW custom report writing module
• Design and oversee COMC’s health information systems to ensure that they meet medical, legal and ethical standards.
• Provide training to new staff and continuing training to all staff on EHR and other relevant software, including development of new and modification of existing training materials.
• Assist Quality Director in managing reporting databases and design.
• Serve as first point of contact for facility EHR issues or needs for referral to outside vendor.
Qualifications Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or experience: Associates degree with two to five years’ experience in the healthcare setting and with electronic health records. Social and cultural sensitivity appropriate to ethnically and economically diverse patient and employee base. Preferred: Bachelors Degree with two to five years’ experience with eClinicalWorks electronic health record.
Language Skills: Ability to respond to inquiries or complaints from customers and regulatory agencies.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with data analysis.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Other Skills and Abilities: Strong training and excellent customer service skills.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This includes moderate physical effort consisting of occasionally lifting or moving over 35 pounds of weight.
Travel Requirement: To fulfill the responsibility of the position travel to all COMC locations will be required. Employee should have valid Missouri driver’s license. Overnight travel may also be required in specific incidences of training, conferences, etc.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Knowledge of, and compliance with, HIPAA and 340B regulations is required. The confidentiality of patient information is mandatory.
All of us here at Central Ozarks Medical Center hope that you enjoyed learning more about this position in this week's blog. If you or someone you know may be perfect for the position, please apply or refer them to apply above. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to give us a call. Our phone numbers can be found on our website at www.CentralOzarks.org. You can also follow us on our social media channels listed below.
Serving Camdenton, Laclede, Pulaski, and Miller Counties