Healthy Snack Recipes
BACON BAKED EGG IN AVOCADO
• 3 large avocados
• 6 eggs
• 4 strips of bacon, diced and cooked until crispy
• ¼ cup fresh chives
• sriracha for drizzle
1. Preheat oven to 425.
2. Spray a baking sheet or glass baking pan with cooking spray.
3. Cut avocados in half. Scoop about an additional 1-2 tablespoons of the avocado to create a well for the eggs.
4. Place avocados flesh side up on a prepared baking sheet or glass pan.
5. Gently crack one egg into each avocado well, making sure to keep the yolk intact.
6. Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until eggs are desired temperature. Remove.
7. Top with crumbled bacon, chopped chives and a drizzle of sriracha.
VEGAN BROWNIES (SMALL BATCH)
• 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
• 3/4 cup almond butter
• 1/2 cup maple syrup
• 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
• 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour (or GF brown rice flour)
• 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
• pinch of salt
• 3-ounces vegan chocolate bar, chopped (or vegan chocolate chips)
1. Preheat the oven to 325, and line a 9x5" bread loaf pan with parchment paper, leaving extra on the ends so that you can easily lift out your brownies when they're done.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the cocoa powder, almond butter, maple syrup and coconut oil. Stir well, and then microwave on HIGH for 30 seconds.
3. Remove from the microwave and stir to blend well.
4. Add the flour, baking soda and salt, and stir for about 50 strokes to blend very well. (If you're using gluten-free flour, you don't have to stir this much. Just stir until well-mixed).
5. Pour the mixture into the pan, and top with the chopped chocolate bar.
6. Bake for 30 minutes.
7. Remove from the oven, let cool completely, and then chill in the fridge for best results. They cut the most evenly if they're well-chilled. You could dig in right away, though they will be slightly messy.
Ready to Get Healthy and Stay Healthy with Central Ozarks Medical Center?
Our goal is to lead the way to healthier communities and we hope you enjoy the recipes listed above. If you are in need of a healthcare provider you can count on, call us at one of our clinics listed below.
Central Ozarks Medical Center
Keeping Lack of Insurance From Being a Roadblock to Quality Healthcare
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Connect with us on LinkedIn
For Appointments Call
573.765.5141 -- Richland
573.302.7490 -- Osage Beach
573.346.4446 -- Camdenton
573.317.9200 -- Stone Castle
573.765.2510 -- Dental
Serving Camdenton, Laclede, Pulaski, and Miller Counties