Camdenton, MO • Dental
Responsibilities: The Dental Receptionist is responsible for basic clerical tasks such as answering phones, greeting patients and visitors, and scheduling appointments in a professional and timely manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Registers new patients and updates existing patient demographics by collecting detailed patient information including personal and financial information using electronic medical record system.
• Verifies patient insurance.
• Facilitates patient flow by notifying the provider of patients' arrival using electronic medical record system.
• Protects patient confidentiality.
• Makes appointments and keeps accurate appointment schedules.
• Efficiently works in electronic medical record system, files and retrieves medical charts.
• Collects and records payments for services.
• Performs daily reconciliation tasks, balances and prepares deposit slip.
• Makes deposit at the end of each business day.
• Properly navigates incoming and outgoing faxes by assigning to appropriate staff.
• Scans and attaches patient documents to proper electronic chart location or assign to appropriate staff member.
• Welcomes and greets all patients and visitors, in person or over the phones.
• Answers the phone while maintaining a polite, consistent phone manner using proper telephone etiquette.
• Responsible for keeping the reception area clean and organized.
• Responds to patients', prospective patients, and visitor inquiries in a courteous manner.
Qualifications Requirements: The Dental Receptionist must have the ability to plan and organize assignments and be self-motivating. Must possess patience in dealing with all people. Must have the ability to communicate effectively with patients, co-workers, vendors and all members of the public. Must have computer experience.
Education and/or experience: GED or High School diploma. Previous experience in a dental office desirable.
Language Skills: Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from all customers.
Mathematical Skills: Balancing daily log and bank deposit slip.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Other Skills and Abilities: Outgoing personality with strong phone etiquette skills, outstanding customer service skills.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This includes moderate physical effort consisting of occasionally lifting or moving over 35 pounds of weight.
Travel Requirement: To fulfill the responsibility of the position travel to all COMC locations will be required. Employee should have valid Missouri driver’s license. Overnight travel may also be required in specific incidences of training, conferences, etc.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Confidentiality of patient information is mandatory.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Want To Be a Part of This Amazing Team?
To apply for this position, please visit HERE. Again, if you have any questions, please give us a call. Here at Central Ozarks Medical Center, it's not just about WHAT we do, but HOW we do it that makes all the difference. Be sure to follow us on our social media channels listed below to stay up to date on our latest announcements.
Central Ozarks Medical Center
Keeping Lack of Insurance From Being a Roadblock to Quality Healthcare
For Appointments Call
Serving Camdenton, Laclede, Pulaski, and Miller Counties