Community Health WorkerOsage Beach, MO • Outreach
Responsibilities: To provide eligibility and enrollment assistance for the Federal Marketplace, Medicaid, and health insurance programs to uninsured patients of Central Ozark Medical Centers and community residents. The Community Health Worker will conduct in-reach, outreach and education activities to existing health center patients and non-health center patients about affordable insurance options and help them enroll. Community Health Worker will also provide enabling services to patients of Central Ozark Medical Centers in order to facilitate more efficient patient-provider interactions, to connect patients with appropriate resources in the community, and to promote healthier lifestyles.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Community Health Worker
- Build upon existing relationships with other community agencies and form new partnerships in order to best assist community residents.
- Assist with the development of marketing and promotional materials for outreach, application assistance and education activities.
- Participate in National Health Observance months, and assist to coordinate health and wellness programs for Central Ozark Medical Center patients.
- Find target patients as Community Health Worker. Assist in setting goals, offering support, providing community connections and measuring outcomes.
- Encourages and supports patients to adopt healthy behaviors and advance from intense needs through intermediate and minimal and to graduation from case management with empowerment in interactions with health care and social service systems.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively and professionally in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of and ability to work and engage with the uninsured, under-served and under-represented populations.
- Must have intermediate computer skills and be able to type at least 40 wpm.
Education and/or experience: Candidate must have at least two years’ experience in Public Health, Outreach, Social Work and/or related field. Working knowledge of the Missouri Medical Assistance Program. A BS degree in Social Work, Public Health, Public Administration, or similar field from an accredited college or university preferred.
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret financial reports. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers and regulatory agencies. Ability to effectively present information to top management.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with accounting concepts such as income and expense statements, budgets, and controls on cash such as into and out of COMC for deposit to the bank.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Other Skills and Abilities: Outgoing personality with strong phone etiquette skills, outstanding customer service skills.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This includes moderate physical effort consisting of occasionally lifting or moving over 35 pounds of weight. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Travel Requirement: To fulfill the responsibility of the position travel to all COMC locations may be required. Employee must have valid Missouri driver’s license and availability of a motor vehicle.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Knowledge of, and compliance with, HIPAA and 340B regulations is required. Confidentiality of patient information is mandatory.
Ready To Join The COMC Team?
We truly value our team that makes up our health centers at the Lake of the Ozarks and Richland. We wouldn't be where we are without the incredible team that we have! To stay up to date on our latest announcements, please follow us on our social media channels listed below.
Central Ozarks Medical Center
Keeping Lack of Insurance From Being a Roadblock to Quality Healthcare
For Appointments Call
Serving Camdenton, Laclede, Pulaski, and Miller Counties