Breast Cancer Statistics
According to the CDC:
Not counting some kinds of skin cancer, breast cancer in the United States is—
- The most common cancer in women, no matter your race or ethnicity.
- The most common cause of death from cancer among Hispanic women.
- The second most common cause of death from cancer among white, black, Asian/Pacific Islander, and American Indian/Alaska Native women.
According to the BreastCancer.org:
- Approximately 1 out of every 8 women in the U.S. will develop invasive breast cancer at some point in their lifetimes.
- Less than 15% of women who get breast cancer have a family member who was diagnosed with it.
- Approximately 85% of breast cancers happen in women who have no family history of the disease.
According to Susan G. Komen:
- Breast cancer is the most common type of cancer in pregnant and postpartum women and typically occurs between the ages of 32 and 38.
- The overall median age at diagnosis for women in the U.S. is 62 years.
- Race and ethnicity vary for women in the U.S. who get breast cancer.
Central Ozarks Medical Center offers a discounted fee to patients based on their household size and household income. The Sliding Fee Program includes fees for medical, dental and behavioral health services.
To determine eligibility, COMC will need to ask you to bring in personal financial information. Any information we ask from you will be strictly confidential. None of your personal information, financial or medical, can be released without your written consent. The information we are asking for is used solely to determine household size and household income. Applications are effective for a one-year period. Sliding Fee Discount Program participants must complete an application annually Discount Program applications must be completed, signed and approved prior to services being provided. All participants are asked to notify COMC of income changes as soon as possible after the change occurs. For more information on this program, please visit http://www.centralozarks.org/financial.html or give us a call.
Central Ozarks Medical Center
Keeping Lack of Insurance From Being a Roadblock to Quality Healthcare
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Connect with us on LinkedIn
For Appointments Call
573.765.5141 -- Richland
573.302.7490 -- Osage Beach
573.346.4446 -- Camdenton
573.317.9200 -- Stone Castle
573.765.2510 -- Dental
Serving Camdenton, Laclede, Pulaski, and Miller Counties