Halloween Health Tips
Eat a healthy meal BEFORE trick or treating.
Eat healthy before you go out so you aren't as tempted to eat a bunch of sweets and candy. You may not be as tempted because you are already full on healthy homecooked food.
Drinking plenty of water can also make you feel full and less likely to eat a ton of Halloween candy. Aim to drink at least 8 ounces of water a day,
Walk from house to house.
Get some physical exercise and choose a neighborhood where you can safely walk from house to house rather than driving.
More Halloween Health Tips
According to the CDC:
- Provide healthier treats for trick-or-treaters such as low-calorie treats and drinks. For guests, offer a variety of fruits and vegetables.
- Use party games and trick-or-treat time as an opportunity for kids to get their daily dose of 60 minutes of physical activity.
- Be sure walking areas and stairs are well-lit and free of obstacles that could cause someone to fall.
- Keep candle-lit jack o’lanterns and luminaries away from doorsteps, walkways, landings, and curtains. Place them on sturdy tables, keep them out of the reach of pets and small children, and never leave them unattended.
- Remind drivers to watch out for trick-or-treaters and to drive safely.
Encourage Good Dental Health with Central Ozarks Medical Center
Check out our Richland Medical Center Location.
Hours of Operation:
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday & Friday: 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Tuesday: 7:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.*
*Extended hours are for established patients
304 W Washington Ave
Richland, MO 65556
Our dental providers at the Lake of the Ozarks include Kyle Shull, DDS, Evan Reynolds, DDS, and Shayna Mattox, DDS. For more information on our dental clinic and our providers, visit www.CentralOzarks.org.
Central Ozarks Medical Center
Keeping Lack of Insurance From Being a Roadblock to Quality Healthcare
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Connect with us on LinkedIn
For Appointments Call
573.765.5141 -- Richland
573.302.7490 -- Osage Beach
573.346.4446 -- Camdenton
573.317.9200 -- Stone Castle
573.765.2510 -- Dental
Serving Camdenton, Laclede, Pulaski, and Miller Counties