It's that time again! Our Lake of the Ozarks health clinics are growing! This time we are looking to hire a Medical Assistant (Float). Please keep reading this week's blog to learn all about this position and directions on how to apply. If you have any questions, please give us a call. All of our phone numbers can be found on our website at www.CentralOzarks.org.
Central Ozarks Medical Center (COMC) is excited to announce an opening for a Medical Assistant. COMC is a non-profit, federally qualified health center that has served Pulaski, Laclede, Camden and Miller counties for over 40 years with clinics located in Richland, Camdenton, and Osage Beach Missouri. COMC is looking for a team member who is a comfortable working with patients from a diverse background.
Responsibilities: The Medical Assistant works alongside physicians and are cross trained to perform administrative and clinical duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Will render professional quality health care to patients.
• Must be aware of and comply with required services and data, according to the Health Care Plan and Quality Assurance Plan of Central Ozarks Medical Center.
• Must be able to gather adequate historical data and ensure patient comfort, flow and confidentiality.
• Must be able to maintain medical records.
• Will collect and record defined data and prepare reports, as required.
• Places patients in exam rooms and records vital signs, current complaints and pertinent history.
• Assists the provider in treatment of patients.
• Provides patient education.
• Prepares exam rooms and instruments, as appropriate to anticipated utilization.
• Cleans and stocks supplies in treatment areas, as necessary.
• Assists in keeping inventory and preparing purchase requisitions for submission to Practice Manager for needed supplies.
• Assists in other ancillary duties, such as X-ray techniques, laboratory procedures, when necessary.
Qualifications Requirements: The Medical Assistant must be motivated to serve the needs of patients and perform services to benefit people and Central Ozarks Medical Center and must possess a sense of discipline to work in accordance with accepted nursing and medical standards. The Medical Assistant must possess and utilize tact and patience. Must be CPR certified or become certified during probationary period and maintain certification throughout employment with COMC. Must maintain CEUs as directed by COMC.
Education and/or experience: GED or High School diploma. Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant program. Medical Assistant experience is preferred.
Language Skills: Medical Assistants must possess reading and verbal skills necessary to understand and communicate, regarding medical records, procedures and medication orders.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with all accounting concepts.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Other Skills and Abilities: Outgoing personality with strong phone etiquette skills and excellent customer service skills.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This includes moderate physical effort consisting of occasionally lifting or moving over 50 pounds of weight.
Travel Requirement: To fulfill the responsibility of the position travel to all COMC locations may be required. Employee should have valid Missouri driver’s license.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Knowledge of, and compliance with, HIPAA and 340B regulations is required. Confidentiality of patient information is mandatory.
Enjoy What You Do!
If you're unhappy with your current job and you are looking for a fresh start, maybe this is it? If so, please apply below.
Again, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to give us a call. All of our phone numbers can be found on our website listed below. You can also follow us on our social media channels listed below to stay up to date on our latest job postings.
Serving Camdenton, Laclede, Pulaski, and Miller Counties