COMC has more exciting news! We are continuing to grow. Our health clinics at the Lake of the Ozarks are looking to hire a Nurse Practitioner. Keep reading this week's blog for a complete job description and directions on how to apply.
Osage Beach, MO • Medical
Responsibilities: Responsible for meeting the Center’s goals and objectives as defined by the Board of Directors, as they relate to the duties of a nurse practitioner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Provides patient examinations, assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of selected illnesses under protocols jointly adopted by nurse practitioner and physician.
• Provide health promotion information and patient education.
• Must be aware of and comply with required services and data, according to the Health Care Plan and Quality Assurance Plan of Central Ozarks Medical Center.
• Must be able to gather adequate historical data and ensure patient comfort, flow and confidentiality.
• Must be able to maintain medical records.
• Will collect, and record, defined data and prepare reports, as required.
• Answers telephone calls, schedules appointments, and provides information or relays messages to patients and medical staff as necessary and in compliance with HIPAA.
• Make referral to other health professionals and agencies when indicated.
• Prepares exam rooms and instruments, as appropriate to anticipated utilization.
• Cleans and stocks supplies in treatment areas, as necessary.
• Assist in the further education of health professionals rotating through the Center.
• Assist with the periodic revision of health maintenance protocols, illness protocols, counseling protocols with other providers.
• Actively participates in school programs and activities and builds positive working relationships with school staff, students, and families.
• Rotates between school clinics and COMC clinics as required.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
Qualification Requirements: Must be currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in Missouri and be currently registered as a Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner.
Education and/or experience: Requires a minimum of a Master’s of Science in Nursing (MSN).
Language Skills: Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers and regulatory agencies. Ability to effectively present information to top management.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with accounting concepts.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Other Skills and Abilities: Outgoing personality with strong customer service skills.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This includes moderate physical effort consisting of occasionally lifting or moving over 35 pounds of weight.
Travel Requirement: To fulfill the responsibility of the position travel to all COMC locations may be required. Employee must have valid Missouri driver’s license and availability of a motor vehicle.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Knowledge of, and compliance with, HIPAA and 340B regulations is required. Confidentiality of patient information is mandatory.
Are You Or Someone You Know Perfect For This Position?
If you have any questions about this position, please give us a call at 573.302.7490 today. To apply, please do so online HERE. Be sure to follow us on our social media channels listed below to stay up to date on the latest positions we are hiring for.
Serving Camdenton, Laclede, Pulaski, and Miller Counties