Holiday Baby Safety Tips
Make sure all cords are out of reach.
Around the holidays, you may find yourself wanting to entertain guests with electronics, such as movies or TV shows, both of which require chords and electricity to work.
- Cords pose a serious danger to your children.
- Most of us seem to plug in our phones every night to charge.
- Cords are just used so much in today's technology age.
As you use these electronics just be sure to monitor your children and keep them out of reach as they can be a serious choking hazard.
Make sure every TV is securely attached to the wall.
Secure your TVs. Many people have flat-screen TVs in their homes these days and they can be put on any available surface throughout the home. Children can easily climb up and knock them over. You can secure your TVs with brackets to help keep them from falling over.
Be sure that every outlet has a cover.
Over time, people have used the plugs to protect their children from the electrical outlets in their homes.
- Now, outlet covers that include sliding doors are available.
- Compared to the plugs, they can be much more user-friendly and not as rough to operate.
- The plugs have been known to be difficult to take out of the outlet, with a sliding door, you no longer have that issue.
Make sure your child can't get ahold of the baby video monitor.
Video baby monitors can be all the rage now.
- People are moving away from the audio-only monitors to the video monitors.
- Just remember that some of these video monitors come with cords, which can pose a threat to your child.
- You can just keep these far out of their reach, away from the crib.
- You can also just purchase a wireless video monitor and not have to worry about the cords.
Make sure you secure any piece of furniture that could fall over as your child climbs on it.
There can be many pieces of heavy furniture in homes. Secure them. These pieces of furniture can include desks, chairs, tables, shelves, and other pieces of furniture that can be fun to climb on, but if the furniture is not secured with restraints or brackets, they could fall over.
Be Safe and Healthy This Holiday Season from Central Ozarks Medical Center!
All of us here at our health clinics at the Lake of the Ozarks wish you Happy Holidays! We also hope you found these holiday baby safety tips helpful. We appreciate all of our pediatric patients here at Central Ozarks Medical Center. Our comprehensive pediatric services include well-child exams, diagnostic tests, follow-up of chronic problems, sports screenings, as well as evaluation and management of growth and health maintenance. For more information on that, please give us a call today.
Central Ozarks Medical Center
Keeping Lack of Insurance From Being a Roadblock to Quality Healthcare
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Connect with us on LinkedIn
For Appointments Call
573.765.5141 -- Richland
573.302.7490 -- Osage Beach
573.346.4446 -- Camdenton
573.317.9200 -- Stone Castle
573.765.2510 -- Dental
Serving Camdenton, Laclede, Pulaski, and Miller Counties