Dental Tips for Your Kids
Tip #1: Assist small children with brushing their teeth.
For example, your child may not be able to reach the toothbrush or toothpaste, so get it down from the cabinet for them. Also, depending on how small the child is, you may need to do the brushing for them.
Tip #2: Set a GOOD example.
Your children are most likely looking up to you, so set a good example by brushing your teeth at least twice a day.
Tip #3: Set your child regular dental check-ups.
It is standard for children to go to the dentist for a regular check up once every six months. Find a dentist your child feels comfortable going to and book them a standing appointment.
Tip #4: Talk to your dentist about sealants for your kids.
Sealants can provide extra protection for your kids teeth. Sealants help keep food from damaging your teeth. If this sounds like something you are interested in getting for your child, the sooner the better.
Tip #5: Make tooth brushing FUN for your kids.
Here are a few ideas to try and make tooth brushing fun for your kids.
- Let them pick out a fun, kid toothpaste to use.
- Let them pick out an AWESOME toothbrush to use.
- Allow them to pick out a song that is approximately 2 minutes long and let them play it while they are brushing their teeth (This is about how long they should brush their teeth for anyway.)
- Reward them for brushing their teeth well, by making a fun toothbrushing chart and giving the gold star stickers each week they do so correctly.
- Let your kids practice by brushing your teeth.
- Turn brushing their teeth into a fun game.
- Cheer for your kids when they are brushing their teeth, "Good job, sweetie!"
- Let him or her practice by brushing his or her stuffed animals teeth
Interested in a New Dentist in Richland for Your Child?
- Family Dentistry
- Pediatric Dentistry
It is open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday and is located at 304 W. Washington Ave in Richland, MO. To make an appointment, please call 573.765.2510.
Central Ozarks Medical Center
Keeping Lack of Insurance From Being a Roadblock to Quality Healthcare
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Connect with us on LinkedIn
For Appointments Call
573.765.5141 -- Richland
573.302.7490 -- Osage Beach
573.346.4446 -- Camdenton
573.317.9200 -- Stone Castle
573.765.2510 -- Dental
Serving Camdenton, Laclede, Pulaski, and Miller Counties