Tips on How to Spread Awareness about Immunization Awareness
Our health clinics in Mid-Missouri would like to use this month to raise awareness about vaccines and share strategies to increase immunization rates within our community. We encourage you to:
- Speak to friends and family about how vaccines aren't just for children. People of all ages can get vaccines that help protect them from serious illnesses and diseases.
- Encourage people in your community to get a flu shot every year.
- Try inviting a doctor or nurse you may know to speak to parents at local schools about why it's important for all kids to get vaccinated.
Resources About Immunization AwarenessThere are tons of resources out there regarding immunization awareness. There are communication tool kits online you can try. The National Public Health Information Coalition has some great resources for or about:
Reasons People Of All Ages Need VaccinesGetting your regular vaccines are very important for people of all ages. Here's some significant reasons that people need vaccines throughout their lives.
- Seniors may need 1 or more vaccines, even if they have received vaccines as a child or as a younger adult.
- Parents can protect their babies and children from 14 serious childhood diseases by age 2.
- Preteens and teens need vaccines too! Adolescents getting vaccinated protects their friends and family members too.
- Adults need to stay up to date on vaccines to help prevent getting illnesses as well.
Feeling Ill & Need a Doctor YOu Can Trust?
Central Ozarks Medical Center is dedicated to leading the way to healthier communites. Part of that is encouraging people to stay up to date on the vaccines and immunizations. Staying up to date on your vaccines and immunizations not only helps protect you but others around, including family members, friends, co-workers, classmates, and just other people you care about. If you ever have a question about what vaccine or immunization you may need, consult one our doctors. Call one of our health clinics at the Lake of the Ozarks today to schedule an appointment.
Central Ozarks Medical Center
Keeping Lack of Insurance From Being a Roadblock to Quality Healthcare
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Connect with us on LinkedIn
For Appointments Call
573.765.5141 -- Richland
573.302.7490 -- Osage Beach
573.346.4446 -- Camdenton
573.317.9200 -- Stone Castle
573.765.2510 -- Dental
Serving Camdenton, Laclede, Pulaski, and Miller Counties