Minty Watermelon Popsicles
3 cups watermelon slices, divided
1 tablespoon fresh mint leaves
1 ½ cups coconut water
2 tablespoons lime juice
1 tablespoon honey
- In a blender, puree 2 ½ cups diced watermelon pieces, mint leaves, coconut water, lime juice, and honey. Cut the remaining ½ cup watermelon slices into ¼-inch cubes.
- Evenly divide the diced watermelon into the molds, tapping them down to the bottom.
- Stir the popsicle mixture then evenly divide it among the popsicle molds.
- Insert the popsicle sticks, if it does not stay in place use a piece of tape to hold them into place. Freeze for at least 6 hours, or overnight.
Fresh Fruit Popsicle
1 cup Strawberries
1/2 cup Raspberries
1/2 cup Blueberries
2 cups Apple Juice
- Peel and slice the kiwis and peaches into 1/4" slices. Slice the strawberries into thirds.
- Carefully press the strawberry, kiwi and peach slices against the sides and bottom of each mold. Add blueberries and raspberries to fill any gaps as you go.
- Use a popsicle stick to press the fruit against the sides of the mold. (So you'll be able to see it better when the juice freezes.)
- Add as much fruit as you can fit into the mold, continuing to press it against the sides
- Fill the molds with apple juice, leaving about 1/4" of space at the top for the juice to expand when it freezes.
- Insert a popsicle stick in the middle of each popsicle, between the 2 layers of fruit.
- Freeze the popsicles overnight (or a minimum of 4 to 6 hours).
- Run the molds under hot water to help the popsicles release.
Tropical Fruit Pops
Ingredients4 oz frozen mango
4 oz fresh pineapple
4 oz frozen strawberries
1/2 banana or 2-3 oz extra berry, mango, or pineapple
1 cup unsweetened almond milk or coconut milk
1/4 cup fresh orange juice (lemon or lime juice work great too)
- Combine mango, pineapple, 1/2 cup almond milk, and 2 TBSP orange juice in you blender and blend until pureed.
- Pulse honey in at the end for best results
- Set mixture aside by pouring into in a measuring cup with a pourable spout, if you have one.
- Next, add strawberry and banana (or 2-3 extra ounces of your fruit of choice) to the blender with 1/2 cup almond milk and 2 TBSP orange juice and blend.
- Pulse in honey at the end and set aside.
- Using about half the mango-pineapple mixture, pour a little into each pop mold.
- Top with your strawberry layer then repeat with the remaining mango mixture.
- Insert a pop stick into each mixture and swirl together. You can also pop the mold into the freezer between each layer for a pretty striped pop. I go the easy swirl-y route, haha!
- Leave a little bit of empty space at the top of each pop mold, pops will expand when they freeze.
- Freeze until solid: Approx. 5 hours or overnight.
Central Ozarks Medical Center
Keeping Lack of Insurance From Being a Roadblock to Quality Healthcare
For Appointments Call
Serving Camdenton, Laclede, Pulaski, and Miller Counties