June is National Fruits and Vegetables Month!
FruitEating fruits have possibly been known to:
- Reduce your risk of stroke.
- Protect against certain cancers.
- Keep your calorie count for the day down.
- and so much more...
"Most vegetables are naturally low in fat and calories. None have cholesterol. (Sauces or seasonings may add fat, calories, and/or cholesterol.)
Vegetables are important sources of many nutrients, including potassium, dietary fiber, folate (folic acid), vitamin A, and vitamin C.
Diets rich in potassium may help to maintain healthy blood pressure. Vegetable sources of potassium include sweet potatoes, white potatoes, white beans, tomato products (paste, sauce, and juice), beet greens, soybeans, lima beans, spinach, lentils, and kidney beans.
Dietary fiber from vegetables, as part of an overall healthy diet, helps reduce blood cholesterol levels and may lower risk of heart disease. Fiber is important for proper bowel function. It helps reduce constipation and diverticulosis. Fiber-containing foods such as vegetables help provide a feeling of fullness with fewer calories."
We hope you enjoyed learning more about the health benefits of fruits and vegetables. We hope you are able to work both fruits and vegetables into your daily diet so you can experience the health benefits for yourself. Speaking of being healthy, Central Ozarks Medical Center aims to lead the way to healthier communities. Central Ozarks Medical Center is a Federally Qualified Health Center and strives to deliver quality healthcare to our communities. As a FQHC we are non-profit and focus on medically underserved communities and bringing affordable healthcare to all.
- Beyond having excellent, Board Certified Providers, several recent studies have found that patients who regularly use community health centers, like Central Ozarks Medical Center, have lower total annual healthcare costs when compared to patients who use other primary care providers, such as HMOs, hospital outpatient units or private physicians.
- On an average, these studies show that the cost associated with using a community health center is 22% to 33% less expensive than using other healthcare models.
Learn more about us and visit our website at www.CentralOzarks.org.
Central Ozarks Medical Center
Keeping Lack of Insurance From Being a Roadblock to Quality Healthcare
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Connect with us on LinkedIn
For Appointments Call
573.765.5141 -- Richland
573.302.7490 -- Osage Beach
573.346.4446 -- Camdenton
573.765.2510 -- Dental
Serving Camdenton, Laclede, Pulaski, and Miller Counties