Our health clinics at the Lake of the Ozarks are at it again! We are growing. We are so excited to tell you all about the position we are hiring for now, in this week's blog. Central Ozarks Medical Center is looking to hire a Referral Coordinator. Keep reading to learn all about this position and how to apply for it.
Camdenton • Administration
Responsibilities: Ensure complete and accurate referrals, including medical records and current insurance information.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintain ongoing tracking and appropriate documentation on referrals to ensure patient safety. This tracking may use an IT database.
- Assemble information concerning patient’s clinical background and referral needs. Per referral guidelines, provide appropriate clinical information to nursing staff/providers.
- Contact review organizations and insurance companies to ensure prior approval requirements are met.
- Present necessary medical information such as history, diagnosis and prognosis.
- Provide specific medical information to financial services to maximize reimbursement to COMC.
- Review details and expectations about the referral with patients.
- Assist patients in problem-solving potential issues related to the health care system, financial and social barriers.
- Be the system navigator and point of contact for patients and families.
- Assume advocate role on the patient’s behalf with the carrier to ensure approval of the necessary services in a timely fashion.
- Identify and utilize cultural and community resources.
- Establish and maintain relationships with identified service providers.
- Ensure that referrals are addressed in a timely manner.
Qualifications Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or experience: High school diploma or GED. Medical assistant certification is desirable.
Language Skills: Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers and regulatory agencies. Ability to effectively communicate.
Mathematical Skills: Knowledge of fundamental math.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Other Skills and Abilities:
Effective verbal and written and communication skills. Ability to provide excellent customer service. Organized and able to manage competing priorities. Resourcefulness in problem solving and good judgement,
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This includes moderate physical effort consisting of occasionally lifting or moving over 35 pounds of weight.
Travel Requirement: To fulfill the responsibility of the position travel to all COMC locations will be required. Employee should have valid Missouri driver’s license. Overnight travel may also be required in specific incidences of training, conferences, etc.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Knowledge of, and compliance with, HIPAA and 340B regulations is required. Confidentiality of patient information is mandatory.
Do You Know Someone Perfect For Our Referral Coordinator Position?
Thank you for taking the time to read our blog and learn more about this position. To apply, please refer to the link below.
If you have any questions, please give us a call. Our phone numbers can be found on our website at www.CentralOzarks.org. You can also stay up to date on our latest job openings by following us on our social media channels listed below.
Serving Camdenton, Laclede, Pulaski, and Miller Counties