COMC has more EXCITING news! Our health clinics at the Lake of the Ozarks are growing again! Our health clinic in Richland is looking to hire a Chief Operations Officer. Keep reading this week's blog for a complete job description and directions on how to apply.
Chief Operations Officer
Richland, MO • Administration
Central Ozarks Medical Center (COMC) is excited to announce an opening for a Chief Operations Officer. COMC is a non-profit, federally qualified health center that has served Pulaski, Laclede, Camden and Miller counties for over 40 years with clinics located in Richland, Camdenton, and Osage Beach Missouri. COMC is looking for a team member who is a motivated, self-starter able to quickly adapt to new and changing conditions while maintaining a professional demeanor.
Responsibilities: The chief organizational officer (COO) reports to the Chief Executive Officer overseeing the day-to-day operations in support of the mission of COMC. The position is responsible for leading the organizational initiatives to promote effective operations through ensuring compliance with state and federal regulations pertaining to health centers, and overseeing the development and implementation of organizational policy and procedures. The COO is responsible for planning, directing, and coordinating of organizational, policy and procedure. The COO is responsible for planning, directing, and coordinating the development, section, implementation and utilization of the Center’s operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Oversees health center operations of all sites and services
• Established, maintains, and monitors all operational systems accordingly.
• Participates as a member of the Executive Management Team of COMC and serves on various committees and attends board meetings as requested.
• Manages, coordinates and monitors the operational impact of the implementation and evaluation of all strategic initiatives.
• Participates in annual budget planning and strategic planning
• Assists CEO with provider recruitment as needed.
• Direct supervision and evaluation of staff performance, in keeping with the organizational chart.
• Evaluates the operational feasibility of growth/collaboration opportunities and develops operational business plans.
• Manages/supervises the medical and dental programs as defined by the organizational chart.
• Supports the CEO with all construction/renovation projects, including the design phase of such projects.
• Directs and manages operations, maintains and ensures compliance with center’s policies and procedures.
• Develops and implements new policies and procedures, protocols, and standards for improving patient care, service delivery, and support operations.
• Monitors patient volume activity and quality of service to ensure efficient patient flow.
• Responsible for compliance with regulatory/accreditation agencies for patient care and operations management.
• Monitors center’s performance using acceptable standards to identify and correct deficiencies.
• Works closely with the CEO and Chief Finance Officer and has responsibility for identifying needs and assisting with grant writing functions when appropriate.
• Reports on the collection and transmittal of patient demographics, financials, diagnostics, and service/procedure information.
• In collaboration with the Chief Clinical Officer to ensure quality initiatives are implemented in the clinic. Monitors and evaluates QA measures to improve performance.
• Accountable for clinical and clerical staff employee utilization and scheduling within the medical and behavioral health programs as defined in the organizational chart.
• Develops trainings and education for continual improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness of the center as well as provides individuals with professional and personal growth with an emphasis on opportunities (where Possible) of individuals.
• Maintains professional growth and development through ongoing development seminars, workshops, and other resources.
• Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications Requirements: The COO should have experience in partnering with an executive team, and have a high level of written and oral communication skills. Must have the ability to plan and organize work so as to meet deadlines.
Education and/or experience: The COO must have completed a Bachelors in the field Business Management, Health Care Management or have appropriate experience in related fields. Five years or greater experience in a Health Care environment is required.
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups and/or Board of Directors.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with all accounting concepts and budget(s). Ability to work with accounting concepts such as income and expense statements, budgets, and controls on cask such as into and out of the Center for deposit to the bank.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Other Skills and Abilities: Outgoing personality with strong professional and interpersonal skills. Strong Communication Skills that include diplomacy and straight forward instruction. Capacity to be a clear and concise trainer.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This includes moderate physical effort consisting of occasionally lifting or moving over 35 pounds of weight.
Travel Requirement: To fulfill the responsibility of the position travel to various areas of the region is required. Employee must have valid Missouri driver’s license and availability of a motor vehicle. Overnight travel may also be required in specific incidences of training, conferences, etc.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Knowledge of, and compliance with, HIPAA and 340B regulations is required. Confidentiality of COMC proprietary information is mandatory.
Do You Know Someone Who Sounds Perfect For This Position?
If so, please refer them to the following link to apply for this job:
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to give us a call at the phone number listed below. You can also follow us on our social media channels listed below to stay up to date on our latest announcements, jobs we are hiring for, and health tips.
Serving Camdenton, Laclede, Pulaski, and Miller Counties