5 Dental Hygiene Tips for a More Thorough Clean
1. Use the proper tooth brushing technique.
Just brushing your teeth in a very quick way doesn't always cut it. There may be left over food particles. Your teeth also may not look very polished. Start brushing your teeth at a 45 degree angle and use short back and forth strokes across the sides and tops of your teeth. Then, hold the brush at a vertical angle use several shorter strokes and focus on the backs of your teeth of the front anterior teeth since that's where plaque builds up often.
2. Brush your teeth often enough.The ADA recommends that you brush your teeth for 2 minutes at least twice a day.
3. Be sure you choose the right brush.
Pick a toothbrush that can reach into the crevices of your molars, where food and debris can often hide after you eat. The International Dental Health Association shows that most adults need a small or medium sized toothbrush for this purpose.
4. Floss in the proper way.Use a piece of floss up to 18 inches in length. This can allow you to use a fresh area of floss for every few teeth without inserting bacteria you just removed.
5. Use the right mouthwash.Mouthwash can go where toothbrushes and floss can't in order to get rid of the same debris that irritates the gum line and can cause gingivitis. Add using mouthwash to your daily oral care routine. Doing this can help you to get the most thorough clean you can, even when you are traveling. If you need a recommendation for mouthwash, consult with one of our experienced dentists at the Lake of the Ozarks.
Check Out Our Richland Dental Center!
Our Richland Dental Center is located at 304 W. Washington Ave in Richland, MO. It is open during 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday each week. The services offered there include family dentistry, pediatric dentistry, and dentures/restorative services. To make an appointment with an experienced dental provider at the Richland Dental Center, call 573.765.2510.
Central Ozarks Medical Center
Keeping Lack of Insurance From Being a Roadblock to Quality Healthcare
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Connect with us on LinkedIn
For Appointments Call
573.765.5141 -- Richland
573.302.7490 -- Osage Beach
573.346.4446 -- Camdenton
573.317.9200 -- Stone Castle
573.765.2510 -- Dental
Serving Camdenton, Laclede, Pulaski, and Miller Counties